- 1/4-1/2 lbs. green beans
- 8 oz. mixed greens or spinach
- 4 oz. crumbled goat or blue cheese
- 1 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans, toasted
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2-3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped shallot
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tsp. wholegrain mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil to taste
- Put the orange juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic and mustard into a blender, season with salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- With the motor running, add olive oil to taste and process until smooth and emulsified.
- Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to an ice bath to cool. Drain well.
- Toss the beans and greens with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Put the salad on individual plates or a large platter, sprinkle with goat cheese, blueberries and pecans and serve.
**Top with grilled chicken or shrimp for a balanced meal**