- 8 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 (6 oz.) package mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp.minced garlic
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.