Prep 20 min
Cook 50 min
Ready in 1 hr 10 min
- 2 large zucchini cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey or sirloin
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 can (26.5 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop out zucchini seeds and discard. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, set aside.
- Heat olive oil & lightly sautéed garlic, then add ground turkey & cook through. Drain excess liquid.
- In bowl, mix eggs, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil & add the ground turkey mix.
- Stuff zucchini with mix and place in baking dish. Spoon 1/2 of spaghetti sauce, covering the meat.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Add remaining sauce & sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top. Return to oven for about 5 minutes longer.