Have you ever wondered why the produce in your local grocery stores look so poor? Have ever purchased perfect looking produce only to discover it has no taste? Ugh. How can this be?
Unfortunately the distribution system and industry philosophy is broken. Stores purchase produce first based on price and second on shelf life. You would think quality and taste is the number reason because as a consumer that is my number one! When you look at our local growing season you can only get a vine ripe tomato for about 12 out of 52 weeks. Local strawberries only 6 out of 52 weeks and the list goes on.
When you disrupt the current distribution system and change your philosophy to freshness as a goal some incredible things can happen for consumers. We as farmers find a way to produce a local 52 out of 52 weeks. And the same goes for strawberries and other popular produce. That’s what we do at Sorbello Farms CSA – we disrupt the system on your behalf and deliver high quality, Jersey Fresh produce year round.
- Grocery stores cannot provide local fruits & vegetables year round but we can.
- Most grocery stores local purchasing programs are not truly local but ours is only local.
- Most grocery stores local programs are from a multiple state region or the entire east coast region but our farms are only miles away from your homes.
- Winter vegetables come from Central and South America (Mexico, Peru, Chile, Belize, etc) or California, Florida, and Arizona but our farms grow locally with year round production.
- Winter vegetables can be picked weeks before you purchase it but our produce is picked 24 hrs before you receive it.